Halter Marine Delivers Two Of Four Supply Boats To Arthur Levy Enterprises
Halter Marine Services, Inc., New Orleans, La., has delivered the San Jose Island and the Breton Island, two identical supply vessels, to their owner, Arthur Levy Enterprises, Inc., New Orleans.
Each vessel has an overall length of 185 feet, a 40-foot beam, a 14-foot draft, and a normal operating draft of 12 feet. Their normal displacement is 1,590 long tons.
Both are powered by two EMD 12-645-C diesel engines that produce 1,500 horsepower each at 900 revolutions per minute. Reverse/ reduction gearing is Falk 0830 MR with a ratio of 2.968:1.
The boats are also equipped with 90-inch-diameter four-bladed stainless-steel propellers and electrohydraulic steering gear from Steering Systems, Inc.
Deck machinery includes an HBL anchor windlass and HBL capstans.
Each contains a Smatco Bulk Mud System with a total capacity of 6,000 cubic feet of dry bulk mud.
Auxiliary equipment includes Delco 98KW main generators driven by Detroit 8V71 diesel engines.
Also included is a 29-point engine monitoring alarm system, 10 tons of central air-conditioning and heating, and Quincy air compressors.
Navigation and communications equipment consists of a Raytheon DE-731 depth recorder, two Raytheon 1220/6X radars and a Wesmar DDS600 digital depth sounder with remote display in the captain's cabin. Also included is an RF 448 VHF radio, an RF 220 SSB radio, a DC700 digital compass, a Sperry MK 37 gyrocompass and a Sperry 8T magnetic compass and autopilot.
The San Jose Island and the Breton Island are each equipped with a Bird-Johnson 300-horsepower bowthruster for improved maneuverability during loading and offloading.
Halter Marine Services owns and operates 10 shipyards in the Southeastern United States and is the world's largest builder of offshore supply vessels.
Other stories from July 15, 1978 issue
- Increased Cost Of Tug/Supply Vessels Approved By Mar Ad page: 4
- Bethlehem Beaumont Yard Receives Drilling Rig Contract From Marlin page: 7
- Northwest Marine Gets $2.67-Million Drydock Contract From IHI page: 7
- Mo ran Towing And Crowley Maritime Form Ocean Salvors page: 8
- Excess Insurance Appoints CMI, Inc. page: 8
- ICHCA Elects Murdoch To Succeed Holubowicz page: 9
- Fred W. Beltz Jr. Elected Vice President DeLaval Turbine Inc. page: 10
- Pouch To Succeed Shields As President Barber Steamship Lines page: 10
- Newport News Shipbuilding Delivers Converted Tanker Exxon Galveston page: 11
- MarAd Approves Noble-National Title XI 'Guarantee page: 11
- Matton Shipyard Delivers The Michael Turecamo —Latest Addition To The Turecamo Fleet page: 11
- Shipyard President Named Maritime Man Of The Year page: 12
- Blount Delivers Passenger/Vehicle Ferry For Run Between New London And Fisher's Island page: 14
- Corps Of Engineers Names Raymond Gabriel Chief Of Procurement page: 14
- ASNE And SNAME Pacific Northwest Section Hold Joint Meeting In Bremerton, Washington page: 16
- Tank Ship Fleet Analysis Released page: 16
- Halter Marine Delivers Two Of Four Supply Boats To Arthur Levy Enterprises page: 16
- Worthington Pump Appoints H.R. Lemcke page: 17
- Delta Line Combined Fleet Adds New Ports —Executives Named page: 17
- Equitable Shipyards, Inc. Lays Keel For Third 2,000-DWT Breakbulk Vessel For American Atlantic page: 18
- Bailey Meter Is Now Bailey Controls Company page: 18
- Global Marine Awards Drilling Rig Contract To Davie Shipbuilding page: 20
- Grandson Of Founder Nominee For Todd Board page: 20
- Mississippi Marine Launches Its First Offshore Supply Vessel page: 23
- SNAME 1978-79 Program For San Diego Section page: 23
- Bethlehem Steel Awards Design Contract To Morris Guralnick Assoc. page: 24
- Robert H. Wager Co., Inc. Elects New Officers page: 24
- Natomas-Skaarup Offers Bunkering Services In Jeddah, Saudi Arabia page: 24
- Philadelphia Section Holds Annual Dinner-Dance page: 24
- Michael Marinaro Advanced By Worthington Compressors' Division page: 25
- Johnny's Propeller Shop Expands Houma Facility page: 25
- 10-Year, $100-Billion Navy Shipbuilding Program Advocated page: 30
- Taywood-Santa Fe Awarded Management Project In North Sea page: 30
- NAVSECPHILADIV Annual Awards Presented To Carlton And Bruner page: 31
- FMC Corporation Names Gill To Newly Created Post page: 31
- G.M. Electro-Motive Diesels Hit 100-Millionth Horsepower Mark page: 32
- Bird-Johnson Receives Bow Thruster Contract page: 32
- Sun Ship Tanker Christening Highlights Yard's Family Day page: 32
- No. California SNAME Discusses Ships And Terminals For Nodules Mined From Deep Pacific Ocean page: 33
- Mexican Ship Operator Employs British Company To Supervise Construction In Japanese Yard page: 33
- Zapata Corp. Forms New Fishing Group- Conrad Named President page: 34
- Port Everglades Authority Appoints Peter McChesney page: 35
- Butterworth Introduces Stainless-Steel Tank Cleaning Machine page: 35
- Engine Diagnostic System page: 37
- Gotaas-Larsen Forms New LNG Marketing Unit page: 38
- MMC Unveils A Versatile New Portable Sonic Tank Gauging Tape For Inventory Control page: 39
- Marine Services Div. Geosource Inc. Delivers Self-Propelled Barge page: 40
- Use Of Fuel Additive Shows Bunker Oil Savings Of Over 10% page: 40
- Strachan Shipping Co. Elects Mickey Lane To Board Of Directors page: 41
- APL Plans New Ship Construction Program —Retains L.A. Hardlander page: 41
- Bay-Houston Towing Announces $10.6-Million Expansion Program page: 41
- New Launch Vessel For San Francisco Area page: 41